Proactis.com has been designed to be used by as many people as possible. We aim to ensure that text is clear and simple to understand. You should be able to:
- Zoom in to over 300% without problems in layout or readability.
- Use multiple devices and screen sizes to view content.
- Navigate most of the website using Nonvisual Desktop Access (NVDA) software.
Information about the Proactis.com site, including how to change how it looks and tips for people using screen readers is also outlined below.
Using the Site
- We aim to use a web font so all text is easy to read.
- Where we can we have appropriate alt tags for images to convey information.
- We ensure that navigation through our websites works in a consistent way.
- We do not rely on just colour as the only way of giving information.
- We avoid the use of images of text wherever possible and provide equivalent text links that consist of images.
Here are a few helpful ways in which you can start using the website more easily.
To enlarge text and images on the site
On a PC:
- Hold down the 'Ctrl' key and press '+' to enlarge.
- Hold down the 'Ctrl' key and press '-' to reduce.
- To reset hold down 'Ctrl' and press '0'.
On an Apple Macintosh computer hold the 'Cmd' (Apple) key instead of 'Ctrl'.
Browser accessibility options
Each browser has different methods for font size, formatting, and screen colour options:
Google Chrome accessibility options
, found under the Chrome Browser Resources section.
Microsoft Edge accessibility options
, accessed via the Help and Support section on support.microsoft.com.
Mozilla Firefox accessibility options
, found under the Firefox support section on support.mozilla.org.
To change the size of the window of the site
On the browser View menu select 'Full screen' or press 'F11'.
A search box appears at the top of each page. To get the best results follow these tips:
Use keywords - the search won't work well using natural language, keywords will find better results. Use quotes to search for an exact phrase.
How accessible is this website?
We have made best efforts throughout the site to ensure the content and navigation structure meets current accessibility guidelines. This includes:
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
- Regularly reviewing the website code to ensure it meets web accessibility standards.
- We try always to have strong contrast between text and background colours as much as possible.
- Preference of plain text over image-based written content.
- Delivering text-based content in a way that can be picked up by screen readers and other accessibility focused plug-ins.
- Use of ‘alt text’ where possible to describe what an image is showing.
If you find any problems or think we’re not meeting the accessibility requirements, please contact us.
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Using third-party tools and software, it is possible to check the accessibility status of a website. At the time of making this statement, the pages in the sample that we tested partly conform to Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 Level A standards. We are committed to and will continue to work towards achieving Level A standards or any new or updated standard that may supersede these.
What doesn’t conform
A small number of logos and images do not have alt tags in place due to technical restrictions of the content management system and we will address this as we make updates to the website.
In some instances the contrast between images and text is not as good as it could be for the purposes of accessibility and we will address this as we make updates to the website.
PDFs and other documents
Unfortunately, documents (such as PDFs) are not accessible in a number of ways including missing text alternatives and missing document structure.
If you have issues with any document that is not in an accessible format, please contact us.
What we’re doing to improve accessibility
We will continue to monitor and update our site in line with current accessibility recommendations and make changes to the website’s build or content as part of the website roadmap.
We will review this statement in January 2024 and update it accordingly.