Drive purchase compliance and reduce administrative effort
Making it easy for employees to find what they need and make informed purchases from preferred suppliers within procurement systems - and doing that without excessive administrative time and expense - is essential for ensuring purchase compliance.
If you do commit to providing a broad range of supplier catalog coverage a great deal of administrative effort can be required to keep every supplier’s catalog up-to-date and accurate. And, if information is not rich employees will make uninformed purchase decisions.
A centralized electronic catalog with standardized classifications and information structure and the ability to store and use rich content is required. This should include:
The result is:
- Search and compare tools in purchase-to-pay - essential for employees.
- Catalog upload and update tools with change controls and publishing for use by Procurement.
- Online business network to let suppliers directly maintain their own catalog.
There are also some strategic benefits including:
- Increased savings from lower prices due to greater compliance and on-contract spend, less maverick buying, employee expensing etc.
- Reduced cost of administrative support in Procurement with simplified maintenance and supplier self-service maintenance.
- Increased spend under management.
- Reduced risk of supplier non-compliance and non-performance due to greater use of certified suppliers.
- Greater employee productivity and satisfaction.
- Have all your categories appropriate for a catalog or website punch-out been clearly identified.
- What % of suppliers (in appropriate categories) where catalog or punch-out is available to purchasers?
- Are intuitive, easy to use search capabilities provided to employees?
This “hands on” self-assessment enables you to quickly evaluate the health of your current catalog management process – catalog maintenance, publishing and usage in purchasing – without the need for a time-consuming and expensive full-scale analysis.
Classify the goods and services your organisation needs with Proactis Marketplace.