20 February 2020
- Proactis, the global spend management and B2B eCommerce company, recently held a round table event at Beaumont Business Centre in London with a group of customers to discuss the opportunities that effective contract management can provide. The focus of the event was on sharing good practice and experience, and exploring how solutions can support broader contract management objectives.
The event was independently-facilitated by Steve Robinson, Head of Commissioning and Procurement at Cardiff Council and included a case study from the London Borough of Bexley. Twelve organizations and eighteen individuals attended, providing valuable insights around the need for structure, consistency and transparency and also the capability gaps in contract management expertise.
The discussions covered a number of hot topics, including:
- What should be expected from a best practice approach and methodology to contract management.
- Opportunities to create a harmonized (standard) methodology.
- An overview of the approach and methodology being developed and implemented within Cardiff City Council.
- A Case Study from the London Borough of Bexley on its deployment of the Proactis Contract Management solution.
- The role of technology to enable best practice.
“We are always looking to add value to our customers and to facilitate knowledge sharing,” stated Adrian Gibson, UK Customer Services Director. “We wanted this discussion to include some of our Contract Management customers so we could discuss best practice and new approaches.”
The aim of the round table was to consider, and potentially create, a set of best practices that can be used to help address some of the challenges that organizations are currently facing. As a result of this first meeting, the group has now agreed to move forward together and collaborate to help ensure success.
“This approach fits perfectly with Proactis’ vision of realizing value where possible,” added Adrian. “Many thanks for all those who participated in the session and thanks in particular to London Borough of Bexley and Cardiff City Council for sharing their journeys and experiences to date. Hopefully the time has finally come for those who have long advocated the importance of performance management of the supply chain and the need to do this through consistent, structured processes, to realize true value from the technology available to them.”