PROACTIS was proud to be exhibitors at this year’s Procurement Leaders “World Procurement Congress 15” event in London. Networking with a community of over 300 procurement professionals provided a great few days of collaboration.
We participated in many round-table debates to fuel discussion, find out more about the challenges organisations face, and explore entrepreneurial ideas that would deliver greater bottom-line value.
Topics ranged from; how to get the most out of your suppliers, how cloud computing is influencing business decision making and shaping procurement sourcing activity, to; advanced procurement and the success of global supplier development programmes, and much more.
Great insights were exchanged and to summarise the “top CPO quotes” of the Congress, for us, were:
- “We need to champion the ideals of value creation." CPO, Essilor
- “Procurement identifies relationships that lead to innovative solutions.” CPO,Johnson & Johnson
- “To get the most value, you need to be a sales person as well as a procurement person.” Former CPO, IBM
- “We have to transfer procurement from a financial impact driven function, to a business impact driven function.” CPO, Siemens
- “Procurement has to embrace change and evolve with the company.” CPO, Dupont
It was a great few days out of the office, participating in lots of themed discussions to share and exchange ideas. Roll-on World Procurement Congress 16!