The Accounts Payable (AP) function is one of the biggest beneficiaries of the electronic purchase-to-pay process.
The Accounts Payable (AP) function is one of the biggest beneficiaries of the electronic purchase-to-pay process. Processing of PO-based invoices can be cut to a fraction of the manual effort previously required. Processing of even non-PO invoices and statements can be largely automated. Electronic invoice methods and outsourced invoice capture services can virtually eliminate manual paper handling. Our online supplier portal can dramatically reduce the number of calls and emails that must be answered by AP personnel.
In our next webinar, we will discuss how to streamline the “front-end” of the invoicing process - “eInvoicing: How to Take More Time & Expense Out of Invoice Processing”.
When invoices are received electronically, there is no need to allocate AP resources to open mail, collect faxes or print emailed PDFs to gather the day’s invoices. And with electronic invoices, no manual keying of information is required. This significantly reduces the daily workload in AP.
PROACTIS invoice processing solutions can also help you to streamline the whole process:
- Dramatically reduce the number of invoices requiring manual validation by automating the invoice, PO or contract, and receipt matching process to enable ‘straight-through’ processing for a high percentage of invoices
- Reduce the effort within AP to resolve discrepancies using electronic workflow to route unmatched invoices to the requestor or supplier to correct the problem
- Greatly reduce the time spent on complex utility, telecommunications and PCard statements by automating validation and cost allocation
- Eliminate a high percentage of your paper invoices by utilising a range of electronic invoice methods designed to match the capabilities of different types of suppliers
- Eliminate much of the time spent answering supplier calls and emails asking when they will be paid by providing online self-service supplier account enquiry capabilities.