Making it easy for employees to find what they need and make informed purchases from preferred suppliers within eProcurement – and doing that without excessive administrative time and expense, is essential for ensuring purchase compliance.
If you do commit to providing a broad range of supplier catalogue coverage a great deal of administrative effort can be required to keep every supplier’s catalogue up-to-date and accurate. And, if information is not rich employees will make uninformed purchase decisions.
A centralised electronic catalogue with standardised classifications and information structure and the ability to store and use rich content is required. This should include:
The result is:
- Search and compare tools in purchase-to-pay - essential for employees
- Catalogue upload and update tools with change controls and publishing for use by Procurement
- Online Supplier Portal to let suppliers directly maintain their own catalogue
There are also some strategic benefits including:
- Increased savings from lower prices due to greater compliance and on-contract spend, less maverick buying, employee expensing etc.
- Reduced cost of administrative support in Procurement with simplified maintenance and supplier self-service maintenance
- Increased spend under management
- Reduced risk of supplier non-compliance and non-performance due to greater use of certified suppliers
- Greater employee productivity and satisfaction
- Have all your categories appropriate for a catalogue or website punch-out been clearly identified
- What % of suppliers (in appropriate categories) where catalogue or punch-out is available to purchasers?
- Are intuitive, easy to use search capabilities provided to employees?
This “hands on” self-assessment enables you to quickly evaluate the health of your current catalogue management process – catalogue maintenance, publishing and usage in purchasing – without the need for a time-consuming and expensive full-scale analysis.
If you would like to learn more about the capabilities required to improve catalogue maintenance, catalogue publishing and catalogue usage in purchasing contact firstname.lastname@example.org