Video Case Study: Oldcastle Materials discusses best value sourcing and purchasing compliance across 1,400 locations
Oldcastle Materials, Inc. is the leading vertically integrated supplier of aggregates, asphalt, ready mixed concrete, and paving services in the United States. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, Oldcastle has over 1,400 locations in more than 40 states.
Like all successful companies, Oldcastle recognises that keeping costs down is key to long-term competitiveness. And key to keeping costs down are best-value sourcing of goods and services, and effective control of the purchasing process. Toward that end, they established a formal program for procurement transformation.
Jake Schmoyer, Director of Procurement talks about how they have improved adherence to their sourcing deals and achieved financial compliance with PROACTIS Purchase-to-Pay.
Goals supported by PROACTIS:
Results to Date:
- Provide a consistent Procure-to-Pay framework with flexibility to support diverse needs of regional companies
- Support effective deployment of company-wide strategic procurement initiatives:
- Ensure compliance to preferred suppliers
- Capture enhanced spend data for analysis
- Improve supplier performance
- Streamline Accounts Payable process
- Support SOX control measures
- First four companies live in ten months with varying levels of procurement experience
- Mobile capability (e.g. BlackBerry) deployed for field authorisation
- Accounts Payable process transitioned to electronic registration and troubleshooting
- Now accumulating valuable spend detail to support sourcing