Before beginning your "assessment", let's outline the scope of what is being covered in this area. For the purposes of this exercise, we are defining the Catalogue Management Process as follows:
The process of managing and updating a content-rich supplier catalogue repository with consistent information, classification, search capabilities, and information display across all suppliers.
Note: supplier web site punch-outs and PCards are also good techniques where available and appropriate.
- Publishing and maintenance of new supplier catalogues
- Management of a comprehensive range of suppliers and items
- Purchasing integration: extensive search and item comparison (provision of rich content, classification and indexing etc.)
- Supplier self-service maintenance to make the process easy without losing internal control
- Management of content including change management processes and access controls
- Synchronisation of catalogue items and prices with current contracts
- Minimised administrative time and effort for procurement