PROACTIS, a global Spend Control and eProcurement solution provider, is pleased to announce that Screwfix has selected the PROACTIS Supplier Network
technology to improve the efficiency of trading with its suppliers through streamlined invoice handling and web-based supplier interaction.
Paper form purchase invoices will continue to be processed through the existing managed service agreement while suppliers will be engaged and encouraged to drive more electronic invoicing through a joint, structured approach using the PROACTIS Supplier Network technology which offers:
- A full range of electronic invoice methods for all suppliers to adopt, increasing Screwfix's and their own efficiency by streamlining invoice handling
- An online communication and status visibility built in throughout the process to efficiently involve suppliers on a self-service basis to streamline communication
- An optional Accelerated Payment Facility ("APF"), enabling suppliers fast access to an early payment to support their own economic situation, whether that be to fund growth or manage cash flow
Screwfix is the UK's largest multi-channel retailer of trade tools, accessories and hardware products and is part of Kingfisher plc. It has over 2,000 active suppliers and has an annual bought in spend of over half a billion pounds per annum.
Paul Roy, Director of Operational Finance at Screwfix, commented: "The existing PROACTIS solution has already delivered tangible savings for Screwfix. The industry recognition it has also received pays testament to the close and successful working relationship. The PROACTIS Supplier Network will introduce advancements that we are very excited about including a platform that will deliver efficiency improvements, advanced supplier collaboration and innovative invoicing technologies."
Rod Jones, Chief Executive at PROACTIS, commented: "Screwfix is a rapidly growing organisation with a highly diverse supply chain and represents exactly the type of customer that will benefit from our supplier network technology. I'm absolutely delighted that Screwfix have recognised that the framework of advanced technologies and managed services that we provide can assist them in improving the efficiency of their supplier interaction and reduce complexity and cost of their purchasing processes whilst providing value to their suppliers."
- Screwfix is part of Kingfisher plc, an international home improvement company which operates nearly 1,200 stores in 10 countries in Europe. Its main brands are B&Q, Castorama, Brico Dépôt and Screwfix. Kingfisher also operates the Koçtaş joint venture in Turkey. For further information go to www.kingfisher.com
- Screwfix is recognised as being "where the trade buys" offering a straightforward and transparently-priced retail experience that enables busy tradesmen to shop 23,000 products over the phone, online, via their mobile or from their local store
- From power tools and workwear to cables and pipe fittings, more than 11,000 products are available to pick up from the national network of 412 stores. A further range of over 10,000 products can be ordered over the phone, online or from a local store for next day delivery, with orders taken up until 7pm to home or site
- Screwfix.com attracts 2 million unique visitors per week and the Screwfix Click & Collect service means customers can conveniently purchase supplies online (or over the phone) and then collect from store just five minutes later
- Customers can call the UK-based Screwfix Contact Centre 24 hours a day, 7 days a week (including bank holidays) on 0500 41 41 41, or on the mobile-friendly 03330 112 112
- All 412 stores are open 7 days a week and from 7am Monday to Friday
- 9 out of 10 customers would recommend Screwfix to a friend