Spend Control for Public Sector
Enhance services while transforming delivery
Public Sector organisation face a complex set of challenges - continued cuts to funding, growing demand for services and ever-increasing scrutiny and regulation.
If you work in procurement or finance, you may be looking at new ways to respond, including shared services, private/public collaborations, and using the power of digital technology to better engage with departments, suppliers and communities using cloud technologies and self-service tools.
But these changes bring their own challenges: How do we standardise information? What will work for everyone? How can we ensure compliance and avoid risk?
The good news is, by working with leading public sector organisations, PROACTIS has found answers to virtually all of these challenges.
What's next on your agenda?
Procurement and Spend Control may or may not always be at the very top of your organisation’s list.
But sometimes a unique opportunity for change presents itself when:
These and other events can often open the door to some exciting possibilities for strategic sourcing, optimising the purchase-to-pay (P2P) process, adding a content-rich procurement marketplace and introducing hands-free electronic invoicing and launching shared services. You can also transform supplier management, sourcing and AP processes.
Your organisation is about to restructure its units or functions
You're about to upgrade or launch a new ERP/finance system
You're considering business transformation in a particular area to improve efficiency, transparency and compliance
But smart ideas are one thing. How can you put them into action?
We're delivering results you can see
Our solutions don't just add technology for the sake of technology, they create better outcomes. When it comes to reducing the cost to serve, we're helping public sector organisations lead the field.
- 16 local authorities in UK with a combined spend of over £800m are using a shared eProcurement system, delivered by PROACTIS, to support a collaborative procurement initiative where purchasers can easily access approved products and services from a secure web portal. What's more, the increased buying power has made it possible to negotiate better prices and increased value from suppliers. Contract and supplier management have been enhanced and streamlined as well.
- 22 of 24 county councils in Wales use elements of the PROACTIS Spend Control and eProcurement suite. In one example, two councils teamed up to use our integrated end-to-end eProcurement suite to achieve £2.2 million in process efficiency savings plus a further £1.3 million from use of our eSourcing and eAuction solutions. In another case, the average cost of a purchase transaction has fallen by 80% from £35 to less than £7 with our help.
- The national government of the most developed country in the Eastern Caribbean with annual spend of $1.5 billion, over 16,000 suppliers and 310,000 invoices a year, deployed the entire PROACTIS Source-to-Contract in just five months to remove inefficient, time-consuming activities, promote greater competition among bidding suppliers and achieve greater compliance through the use of international best practices in procurement.
- One of the largest police authorities in the UK with 35 administrative departments raising 80,000 orders a year is using PROACTIS to automate its entire purchase-to-pay (P2P) process, reduce processing costs and create a full audit trail.
- A large healthcare organisation with 450 care homes and 60 hospitals and specialist care centres reduced the cost of invoice processing by 41% through electronic invoicing, while also gaining greater compliance and visibility.
With our help, you can achieve:
- The right balance of consistent organisation-wide policies and processes with appropriate level of local autonomy when it comes to daily operations
- The right combination of centralised, decentralised and virtual business functions
- The ability to leverage your full buying power without losing the advantages of local sources where they best ﬁt your needs
- Rapid, incremental performance improvement at the pace that works best for you
- The ability to evolve smoothly as your organisation responds to market changes and as it experiences mergers, acquisitions and restructuring that may occur over time
How we answer your daily challenges
Our proven, best-in-class solutions are built for organisation-wide deployment within diverse public sector structures. Our solutions support everything from strategic procurement functions, through to the full purchase-to-pay process and all its components. You can start just about anywhere and deploy incrementally.
Deploy globally, simply
For public sector organisations that operate anywhere in the world – or even across multiple geographies, PROACTIS has all the localisation capabilities you need to deploy a common Spend Control framework across highly dispersed operations and supplier communities.
We take care of complexity by providing multi-currency support, multi-language support and tax support.
We Stand Ready
PROACTIS provides the resources to help you with every challenge and opportunity.
We can work directly with you to improve how suppliers are selected, how sourcing events are run, how contracts are managed and how the right information is made available to your organisation
We can work directly with your team to improve how purchases are authorised, how budgets are managed and how invoices are processed
We can work jointly with you to tie everything together to make good purchasing practices a natural part of the way your organisation operates and cost consciousness a natural part of your organisation’s culture