Spend Control for Not-for-Profit Organisations
Leading commercial enterprises are reaping the rewards, so why can't you?
When it comes to procurement spending and the cost of business transactions, the Not-for-Profit sector is lagging behind its private and public counterparts. Put simply, charities, research foundations and other organisations are missing out on savings and a wealth of benefits.
And this really matters, as you try to direct the greatest share of your income into your core activities by reducing the costs of how your organisation operates.
So how can you close the gap on efficiency – if you work in Procurement or Finance?
The good news is that affordable, game-changing solutions are within easy reach and can adapt to fit the specific needs for your Not-for-Profit organisation.
What's next on your cost control agenda?
Finance and procurement leaders in Not-for-Profit organisations such as charities, trade unions and other membership associations are looking for ways to reduce the cost of purchased goods and services without degrading the services they provide. Every penny they save can be spent on frontline services.
More of them are now looking at companies and public sector organisations for ideas, tools and technologies they can apply to their own environment. Possibilities include a foundational framework for the purchase-to-pay (P2P) process, a content-rich marketplace, strategic sourcing events, and the better management of supplier contracts and relationships.
But smart ideas are one thing. How can you put them into action?
We're delivering results you can see
Our solutions don't just add technology for the sake of technology, they create better outcomes. When it comes to reducing the cost to serve, we're helping Not-for-Profit organisations lead the field:
- A national charity with approximately £50 million annual spend throughout five regions, 35 organisation-centres and 172 independently-run centres has used PROACTIS Purchase-to-Pay (P2P) to replace manual, paper-based buying processes with an electronic process that is now driving increased policy and supplier compliance, improved budget management and spend visibility which is being used to better leverage organisation-wide buying power.
- A global non-profit non-governmental organisation (NGO) headquartered in the United States and employing over 2,500 employees working to improve health services in 150 countries deployed the full suite of PROACTIS Spend Control and eProcurement solutions as the framework for the organisation’s worldwide procurement transformation.
- A large charitable organisation with 4.5 million members, 5,000 staff and 62,000 volunteers dedicated to protecting the environment and historic properties used the Supplier Portal capabilities of PROACTIS Supplier Relationship Management and Supplier Network for the first step in a complete Source-to-Contract transformation. This turned vast volumes of inaccurate supplier information into a sustainable central directory of active suppliers with up-to-date, supplier-maintained information for use in all procurement and finance systems.
- A large UK member-governed trade union that provides members with legal and professional services through 12 regional centres, 34 executive districts and numerous local associations went from a manual purchasing system to PROACTIS Purchase-to-Pay (P2P) to support purchasing activity across its entire geographically dispersed organisation. Employees everywhere are now guided to the right supplier for what they need, and through the proper pre-authorisation process. Payments to suppliers are more timely and financial information is far more accurate.
Now you can play by the rules. Your rules.
Our suite of solutions perfectly balance the specific needs of Not-for-Profit organisations, flex as necessary and evolve to meet changing requirements. With PROACTIS, you get unsurpassed breadth, depth, flexibility and scalability, so you can take total control of spend.
With our Spend Control Platform, you can enhance efficiency in key areas such as: Source-to-Contract for greater savings and reduced risk; comprehensive Purchase-to-Pay solutions and streamlined invoice processing; the creation of a Supplier Network for enhanced commerce; and Spend Analysis for great insights and control.
With our help, you can achieve:
- The right balance of consistent organisation-wide policies and processes with appropriate level of local autonomy when it comes to daily operations
- The right combination of centralised, decentralised and virtual business functions
- The ability to leverage your full buying power without losing the advantages of local sources where they best ﬁt your needs
- Rapid, incremental performance improvement at the pace that works best for you
- The ability to evolve smoothly as your organisation responds to market changes and as it experiences mergers, acquisitions and restructuring that may occur over time
Deploy globally, simply
For Not-for-Profit organisations that operate across multiple countries, PROACTIS has all the localisation capabilities you need to deploy a common Spend Control framework across highly dispersed operations and supplier communities around the world.
We take care of complexity by providing multi-currency support, multi-language support and tax support.
Deploy quickly and securely
With PROACTIS, you don't need to invest in new equipment at your different locations. All PROACTIS applications are browser-based and can be deployed securely on the web to provide 24x7 access to employees everywhere. What's more, they integrate with any financial and operational systems you have in place.
In addition, PROACTIS applications can delivered in a variety of ways to suit you, including cloud deployment, on-premise installation, or a combination of the two. Licensing options include transaction or user-based subscriptions, perpetual license with annual maintenance, or a hybrid combination.
We Stand Ready
PROACTIS provides the resources to help you with every challenge and opportunity.
We can work directly with you to improve how suppliers are selected, how sourcing
events are run, how contracts
are managed and how the right information is made available to your organisation.
We can work directly with your team to improve how purchases are authorised, how budgets are managed and how invoices are processed.
We can work jointly with you
to tie everything together to make good purchasing practices a natural part of the way your organisation operates and cost consciousness a natural part of your organisation’s culture.