Spend Control for Housing
How do you keep pace with rapid change - and satisfy everyone?
Housing associations are going through massive change – as demand continues to outstrip supply, property portfolios become more diverse, new regulations are introduced, social policy shifts constantly, and budgets are under mounting pressure.
Procurement and finance are at the sharp end. Your decisions play a pivotal role as to whether your organisation can meet the rising expectations of tenants, communities, employees, stakeholders, funding organisations and regulatory authorities. The trouble is, traditional operating models cannot cope with today's needs.
However, it is possible to achieve your goals without major expense, upheaval or delay, thanks to world-class Spend Control.
Change Creates Opportunity for Housing Associations
From large to small, urban to suburban, housing associations are increasing finding ways to gain greater value for money. Improved methods for sourcing, purchasing and paying for the wide range of services and products they buy plays a large role in that effort.
Associations are using new capabilities to run their operations more effectively and affordably. As a result, they can allocate more of their scarce budget to their central mission of providing homes, services and hope to disadvantaged communities. They are also using new tools to respond to market and regulatory changes in a way that drives greater efficiency and compliance within key back-office processes.
But smart ideas are one thing. How can you put them into action?
We're delivering results you can see
PROACTIS solutions don't just add technology for the sake of technology, they enable better bottom line results. When it comes to reducing the cost of running a medium-to-large housing association with all its properties and services, we're helping associations to lead the field:
- One of the UK’s largest housing associations, which manages 67,000 homes and employs more than 1200 staff in 18 locations, deployed PROACTIS Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) alongside their existing PROACTIS Purchase-to-Pay and Employee Expense solutions. SRM is being used to improve and streamline supplier recruiting, qualification, performance review and information management. It will enable the association to consolidate all supplier information into a central supplier directory with profiles, capabilities, categories and other supplier intelligence. This can be used to quickly find suppliers to fill a need and enables its professionals to analyse/rationalise the supplier base when appropriate.
- A leading medium-sized social housing association looking after approximately 3,000 homes uses PROACTIS Purchase-to-Pay (P2P) to provide control and visibility of all goods and services purchases. With approximately £20m in turnover, this association processes about 10,000 invoices a year with nearly 400 active suppliers in support of approximately 530 employees and 138 different property schemes. Many purchases are initiated by on-site personnel for anything from repair orders with contractors to catering for events and maintenance supplies.
Housing Associations are embracing PROACTIS solutions to achieve their goals
PROACTIS is helping housing associations bring more spend under management to deliver better homes and social services to disadvantaged areas – even in the face of government cuts, increasing regulatory scrutiny and economic pressures.
Here are just a few examples of how housing associations are using PROACTIS solutions today:
- Nearly 60 housing associations use PROACTIS Spend Control and eProcurement solutions to manage various aspects of procurement. They are developing better supplier agreements, reducing unnecessary purchases and channelling more purchases to preferred suppliers that deliver the greatest value. As a result, they are reducing expenditure while protecting the quality of the services and facilities they deliver.
- Many use PROACTIS sourcing solutions and services to support strategic sourcing for high-value services, projects and capital equipment spend categories. These are also looking to use managed eAuctions for competitive sourcing of commodity categories such as cleaning and maintenance supplies – sometimes in collaboration with other associations.
- Others use the PROACTIS online marketplace to access online supplier catalogues and expand their buying power by participating in jointly-created framework agreements.
- Many more use PROACTIS Purchase-to-Pay to gain visibility and control of day-to-day purchases across all properties and spend categories, with particular focus on key services like repair and maintenance, and related materials.
"Our employees have embraced our PROACTIS-based purchasing system as we had hoped. With just about all purchases going through the system, we now have a level of financial control and visibility we never had in the past."
Now you can play by the rules. Your rules.
Our suite of solutions perfectly balance the specific needs of housing associations, flex as necessary and evolve to meet changing requirements. With PROACTIS, you get unsurpassed breadth, depth, flexibility and scalability, so you can take total control of spend.
With our Spend Control Platform, you can increase spend under management, ensure true market pricing and drive up efficiency across all your procurement activities. Simply add and combine highly-effective solutions for Source-to-Contract, Purchase-to-Pay, Supplier Network and Spend Analysis
How we answer your daily challenges
Our proven, best-in-class solutions are built for organisation-wide deployment within diverse housing association structures. Our solutions support everything from strategic procurement functions, through to the full purchase-to-pay process and all its components. You can start just about anywhere and deploy incrementally.
Deploy quickly and securely
With PROACTIS, you don't need to invest in new equipment at your different locations. All PROACTIS applications are browser-based and can be deployed securely on the web to provide 24x7 access to employees everywhere. What's more, they integrate with any financial and operational systems you have in place.
In addition, PROACTIS applications can delivered in a variety of ways to suit you, including cloud deployment, on-premise installation, or a combination of the two. Licensing options include transaction or user-based subscriptions, perpetual license with annual maintenance, or a hybrid combination.
We Stand Ready
PROACTIS provides the resources to help you with every challenge and opportunity.
We can work directly with you to improve how suppliers are selected, how sourcing events are run, how contracts are managed and how the right information is made available to your organisation
We can work directly with your team to improve how purchases are authorised, how budgets are managed and how invoices are processed
We can work jointly with you
to tie everything together to make good purchasing practices a natural part of the way your organisation operates and cost consciousness a natural part of your organisation’s culture