Spend Control for Education
Gain visibility and control of spend across a diverse organisation
Higher education institutions everywhere need to reduce costs and drive up efficiency in a fast-changing environment. Changes in funding, greater competition for students and new development opportunities are challenging the way procurement has traditionally been managed.
But transformation in the way spend is managed isn't always straightforward for colleges and universities, given the typically decentralised nature of these organisations.
However, the good news is that PROACTIS is making it possible for higher education institutions to deliver change – and reap the rewards.
The future is bright for education
Change is happening everywhere, from large public universities to small private colleges.
Leaders in administration, finance and procurement are increasingly finding new ways to source, purchase and pay for the extremely wide range of goods and services they need. They are using new capabilities to more effectively operate their facilities, enhance their faculty’s provision and enrich their students' experience.
Institutions are finding new ways to manage department-wide purchase-to-pay processes, automate accounts payable functions, introduce electronic invoice methods, leverage industry-specific marketplaces, and standardise sourcing and contract management.
But smart ideas are one thing. How can you put them into action?
We're delivering results you can see
PROACTIS solutions don't just add technology for the sake of technology, they enable better bottom line results. When it comes to reducing the cost of running a university or college, we're helping institutions lead the field:
- One of the UK’s largest universities with 26,000 students, 6,000 staff and an annual income of £350m uses PROACTIS solutions. The university has replaced numerous fragmented departmental systems with a common purchase-to-pay (P2P) process that now quickly guides buyers from every department to the goods and services they need using preferred suppliers. The solution also ensures proper authorisations, provides the information budget holders need to be accountable, speeds invoice processing and feeds everything into the university’s central accounting systems.
- One of the largest higher education institutions in the Netherlands with 37,000 students and 3,200 staff in 11 locations is using PROACTIS solutions. This is part of a central initiative to improve procurement processes to meet compliance and governance objectives and drive administrative efficiencies. The PROACTIS Purchase-to-Pay solution significantly simplifies and streamlines the process of buying goods and services, saving time for the teachers, freelancers, managers and accountants who perform day-to-day purchasing.
- A leading professional, scientific and technological university with 15,000 students and an annual non-payroll spend of £50m uses a PROACTIS-powered online marketplace to deliver ‘punch-out’ access to online supplier catalogues. Here, the university's purchasers can access approved products, services and prices from within their purchasing system, which is largely devolved to faculties and departments for the placement of individual orders. Some 30-40% of all orders are now placed through the marketplace and the cost of invoice processing has been significantly reduced by an average of £6 per invoice by transitioning invoices to electronic receipt.
- A local community and vocational college with 10,000 students and 650 staff is using PROACTIS Purchase-to-Pay as part of an initiative to streamline all of its financial processes. The solution also provides staff with a simpler way to buy what they need while following college policies and procedures.
Education and PROACTIS have embraced each other in a big way
PROACTIS is helping universities and colleges of all sizes to bring more spend under management in order to deliver better education, research and experiences for students, faculty and administrative staff.
“Perhaps the biggest win for the University has been the ability to give our academics powerful tools for managing budgets and finances without requiring them to be financially aware, and without distracting them from their day jobs.”
- 48 UK universities and colleges use the PROACTIS online marketplace to access online supplier catalogues and participate in category-specific joint framework agreements.
- Four of the largest universities in The Netherlands use PROACTIS solutions to reduce the overall cost of purchased goods and services, improve financial control and mitigate risk. This is possible by streamlining purchase-to-pay and introducing strategic sourcing, contract management, supplier management, invoice processing and spend visibility.
- In total, over 80 higher and further education institutions use various PROACTIS Spend Control and eProcurement solutions to manage just about every aspect of procurement.
Now you can play by the rules. Your rules.
Our suite of solutions perfectly balance the specific needs of higher and further education institutions, flex as necessary and evolve to meet changing requirements. With PROACTIS, you get unsurpassed breadth, depth, flexibility and scalability, so you can take total control of spend.
With our Spend Control Platform, you can increase spend under management, ensure true market pricing and drive up efficiency across all your procurement activities. Simply add and combine highly-effective solutions for Source-to-Contract, Purchase-to-Pay, Supplier Network and Spend Analysis.
With our help you can achieve:
- The right balance of consistent organisation-wide policies and processes with appropriate level of local autonomy when it comes to daily operations
- The right combination of centralised, decentralised and virtual business functions
- The ability to leverage your full buying power without losing the advantages of local sources where they best ﬁt your needs
- Rapid, incremental performance improvement at the pace that works best for you
- The ability to evolve smoothly as your organisation responds to market changes and as it experiences mergers, acquisitions and restructuring that may occur over time
Deploy quickly and securely
With PROACTIS, you don't need to invest in new equipment at your different locations. All PROACTIS applications are browser-based and can be deployed securely on the web to provide 24x7 access to employees everywhere. What's more, they integrate with any financial and operational systems you have in place.
In addition, PROACTIS applications can delivered in a variety of ways to suit you, including cloud deployment, on-premise installation, or a combination of the two. Licensing options include transaction or user-based subscriptions, perpetual license with annual maintenance, or a hybrid combination.
We Stand Ready
PROACTIS provides the resources to help you with every challenge and opportunity.
We can work directly with you to improve how suppliers areselected, how sourcing events are run, how contracts are managed and how the right information is made available to your organisation
We can work directly with your team to improve how purchases are authorised, how budgets are managed and how invoices are processed
We can work jointly with you
to tie everything together to make good purchasing practices a natural part of the way your organisation operates and cost consciousness a natural part of your organisation’s culture